Friday, December 12, 2008

The Weight Of It All

In my "younger" days, in high school, I was very active. I wrestled, ran XC and track. I wasn't obsessed with my weight (unless you count wrestling season!!) and it stayed around 150-160 pounds. No matter what I did or did not do. I did not put weight on. God Bless the metabolism of a highly active 17 year old boy. Even after high school, I wasn't super active but my weight stayed around 160-165 until i was about 23. I would laugh at my friends who put on some weight and say it would never happen to me, boy was i wrong...

As previously stated, I lived with a young woman for about 2 years of my life. Things were good and we were doing ok and so was my weight. Well we started to hit our rough patch and in about 5 months I was up to 260-275! Without even thinking about it. Apparently light beer is not so light, SHOCKING.

I did not know what to do and I was miserable. So instead of sitting behind a computer for a summer, I went to work for a landscaping company and by the end of that summer I was down to about 220. My weight as stayed there for about a year. 220 seemed to fit me well. My 36 inch waist was just fine for me. I didnt worry about my weight and just let life happen....

I stepped on a scale for the first time in about 3 months and my weight (fully dressed with shoes) was 206? 206. 206! I am hovering at the 200 lb mark for the first time in about 3 years and it feels really good. I put on my belt today and began to tighten it....the very last notch was still a bit loose.

Why I am telling you guys this? I have no clue, but I am just shocked about my weight. I blew past 200 years ago and never thought I would come close to sniffing it again...well hello 200 pounds!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny, you look like you go about 240 to me...